Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Love is One Hell of a Drug.

I took a physics course this semester and I was pretty much lost the entire time but one concept really intrigued me: Newton's law of universal gravitation. The law states that two bodies of mass in this universe exerts an attractive force on one another. Somehow, I've come to apply this to daily human interaction and attraction. About two months ago, my friend and I went to Jackson Heights, got stoned, walked through this Hispanic venue and ate at a Colombian restaurant. It was awesome. My eyes were glazed in weed and the street lamps and signs were so vibrant that I could feel them shaking in color. That night, I was able to remember parts of my childhood that I thought I had forgotten about. Like the restaurant my father once took me to when I was younger, where the walls were made of thin wooden panels and the seats inside the booths were made out of leather, red and plump. I don't know why remembering this meant so much to me but it did. The next day I texted my friend and thanked him for taking me on the "high" tour of Jackson Heights. We've been friends for more than 10 years and always felt that my relationship and love for him was strictly platonic but that night, I could finally describe the physical force that kept us so close. I felt it in my core, where point blankly, is behind the deep center of my chest and the soul that was intangible, had density inside my body. I remember texting him and saying that our relationship isn't chemistry, it's physics. He was confused but I tried to explain that no matter what happened between our friendship, the universe will bring us together. So I began to think, is this how love works? Does this explain the kinetics of two soul mates, meeting for the first time?

I brought the idea up to my best friend who couldn't quite understand the concept, my sister, who completely disagreed with me for the sake of disagreeing and used it as a conversation on a first date with this guy, who surprisingly didn't run away and leave me with the bill.

Wow. Really Danessa?  You just insinuated  to this guy (that you just met) that you two are soul mates .Great job conductor. You sure do know how to drive this date off a bridge.

Interestingly enough, he remained silent and nodded as he tried to digest the idea. Then, with a pensive look he said that I might of  physically explained what love really is and for a second, I felt my chest pulse.

No comments:

Post a Comment